The ABNM gives three image-rich, multiple choice examinations. The exams are similar, emphasizing the current and emerging practice of clinical Nuclear Medicine.
- In-Training Examination (ITE): The In-Training Exam is a paper-based, image-rich, multiple choice exam given at Nuclear Medicine training programs. In addition to the material common to all three exams, it tests basic information necessary to learn the principles of nuclear medicine and to become a lifelong learner. The exam is taken by residents during each year of training.
- Certification Examination (CE): The Certification Exam is a secure, computer-based, image-rich, multiple choice exam given at Pearson VUE testing sites. In addition to the material common to all three exams, it tests information needed for lifelong learning.
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Examination: The Maintenance of Certification Exam is a secure, computer-based, image-rich, multiple choice exam given at Pearson VUE testing sites. It emphasizes current and emerging clinical practice in Nuclear Medicine.
- Expanded ITE: The In-Training Examination is offered as a practice test to candidates for the CE and MOC exams.
In addition to the documents in this section, also see:
- Nuclear Medicine Professional Competency and Scope of Practice
- The In-Training menu has links for forms needed for the Certifying Examination.
The application for the Certification and Maintenance of Certification Examinations is on-line. In order to start an application, you must first sign in or create an account.