The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) maintains a searchable public website which includes the name of all certified physicians, the name of the certifying board(s), and whether the physician is participating in Maintenance of Certification. Find out if your doctor is board certified through the ABMS Certification Matters portal.
To obtain an official primary source verification of board certification from the American Board of Nuclear Medicine (ABNM), please submit the following:
- A written request for the verification. The request should include the diplomate’s full name and date of birth along with your company/institution’s name, address and the contact person to whom the response letter should be sent.
- An authorization to release information signed by the diplomate. (Diplomates who have provided authorization for release of information will receive a copy of the letter sent to the requestor.)
- A $100.00 processing fee.
Submitting the request via email:
Submitting the request via US postal mail:
Mail all supporting documentation (as outlined above) and $100.00 check or money order payable to:
American Board of Nuclear Medicine
1030 Highlands Plaza Drive, Suite 511E
St. Louis, Missouri 63110-1343
Upon receipt of all documents, the ABNM will provide a written verification. Please allow a minimum of 10 business days to process your verification. The verification will be mailed directly to the person/entity specified in the request.
Verification responses include the following information:
- Diplomate’s Name
- Certificate Number
- Certificate Type (Time-Limited or Lifetime)
- Certification Start Date
- Certification End Date
- Maintenance of Certification Participation Status
Diplomates requesting primary source verification
Diplomates of the ABNM requesting primary source verification should contact the ABNM office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 367-2225
To submit payment for primary source verification, click on the button below: